Reagents for Pool LAB - PoolWaterLAB - Water Tester - Acidifying PT - Aux. Testing HYD. HR 50 Tablets
- Free return within 30 days
- Orders are shipped within 24 hours. 2-3 days delivery. Free Shipping on All U.S. Orders Over $50. To find out the cost of worldwide shipping, simply add the items to your cart, enter your shipping details, and the cost will be automatically calculated.
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Hydrogen peroxide | 0.0 - 180 (ppm) | reagent for measurements - Hyd. Peroxide HR. Shelf life tablet reagents 2 years. ( TbsHAPP50 )
In Northern latitudes, active oxygen is a particularly popular alternative disinfectant to chlorine. Principally, however, for the purposes of measurement what counts is whether the medium used contains persulfate or peroxide. Water disinfected with persulfate-containing media is measured according to the DPD N° 4 method. When using peroxide containing disinfection media, Hydrogen Peroxide tablets are used in connection with the Acidifying PT tablets. In both cases, the “Active Oxygen (O2)“ designation is in fact misleading. It is not the molecular Oxygen that oxidizes (disinfects); rather it is an Oxygen radical which quite quickly combines with an additional radical to form molecular Oxygen (the air one breathes). This is also the main disadvantage to this method; because the disinfection effect does not last long and the effect is rather limited. As a strict rule, therefore, Chlorine is added in regular intervals when Active Oxygen is used for disinfection. Yet with the DPD N° 4 method false readings can then result (when simultaneously using both Chlorine and Active Oxygen), because the potassium iodide contained in this tablet catalytically splits the persulfates and thus the sum of persulfate and chlorine is indicated.
Why should I buy a PoolWaterLAB photometer to maintain my pool at home?
A PoolWaterLAB photometer is a device that measures the levels of various chemicals in your pool water, such as chlorine, pH, alkalinity, and hardness. Here are some reasons why you might consider buying a PoolWaterLAB photometer to maintain your home pool:
1. Accurate Measurements: A PoolWaterLAB photometer provides accurate measurements of the chemical levels in your pool water. This helps you to adjust the chemicals in your pool precisely and avoid over or under-dosing, which can lead to problems such as algae growth, cloudy water, and skin irritation.
2. Cost-Effective: Regular testing of your pool water is essential for maintaining healthy water conditions. Buying a PoolWaterLAB photometer may be more cost-effective than continually purchasing test strips or sending water samples to a lab for analysis.
3. Convenience: With a PoolWaterLAB photometer, you can test your pool water at home, at any time you want. This can be more convenient than traveling to a pool supply store or waiting for lab results.
4. Easy to Use: Most PoolWaterLAB photometers are easy to use and come with detailed instructions. You don't need to be a chemist to understand how to use the device, and most models provide digital readings that are easy to interpret.
5. Preventative Maintenance: Maintaining proper chemical levels in your pool can help prevent problems such as algae growth, cloudy water, and equipment damage. By using a PoolWaterLAB photometer to test your water regularly, you can catch any issues early and address them before they become more severe.
In summary, a PoolWaterLAB photometer can be a cost-effective, convenient, and easy-to-use tool for maintaining your home pool. It provides accurate measurements of chemical levels in your pool water, helping you to prevent problems and keep your pool water clean and healthy.